Water Flow behaviour

Discuss Server Stuff in this Forum.

Water Flow behaviour

Postby Keith76YTFC » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:22 am

Im having some trouble with water flow not doing what i would expect

In this picture i would epect each source to flow over the edge and create a 45 degree water slope but only 3 of them do, there are 5 between the 1st and 2nd then 7 between the 2nd and 3rd slope that just seem to drop off the edge,
Water sources are placed against the wall
Its not the magma blocks as i can recreate this without magma blocks and get the same result.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzu36vqj9tit8bl/2018-01-23_22.54.09.png?dl=0

Is this normal?

while trying to work out what was happening i also managed this

Sources with a 2 X 3 hole in the middle, no water flowing in, something not right?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/veasyddo1y9d5cz/2018-01-23_22.52.20.png?dl=0
Keith76YTFC

Minecraft Nick: Keith76YTFC

Re: Water Flow behaviour

Postby koiboi86 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 am

its a tick speed/block lag kind of issue. It can only be resolved by placing blocks to force water updates.
in the first image, you need to place a row of blocks adjacent to the water sources you want on that upper ledge. Once all the water is in place, remove the blocks from holding back the water. It should flow properly from there.

For the second image, the only fix is to place blocks underneath the 'missing water' until it 'updates' and refills.
koiboi86
Donator

Minecraft Nick: koiboi86

Re: Water Flow behaviour

Postby Keith76YTFC » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:31 pm

in the first image i removed all the water, placed a row of dirt, put the water back in, removed the dirt and water didnt flow, i then had to put dirt back in again and remove again before it flowed out,
Its now giving the coverage i want / expect but still looks odd at its edges,
Don't recall having so much trouble with water before, its not just in this build, its any where i put it,
Is it a client issue? My PC has been a bit chuggy over the last couple weeks with a few unexpected crashes of both Minecraft client and windows
Keith76YTFC

Minecraft Nick: Keith76YTFC

Return to Server Discussion