Pizza's Story

New to the Server? Introduce yourself here!

Pizza's Story

Postby Pizzanakin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Hey :)

Edit: This is a very old topic that I once wrote to introduce myself. I'm gonna format it and then update it to as far as I can.

How I got my name
First I'll tell you how I got my name: It was in last year of primary school. Me and a friend of mine used to play the game: 'Halo: Combat Evolved' alot. I downloaded a profile from the internet that had all levels completed on legendary , and the name for it was PiZZaDoX. My friend and I decided to make our own small clan on it, and because of that username we decided to call it the PiZZa clan. He chose another name starting with PiZZa, but I don't remember what it was.

In that same year, the animated movie 'Star Wars: The Clone Wars' was released, and I won a prize hosted by Nickelodeon to go to the premiere of the movie in The Netherlands with 3 others. I took my dad, my sister and my same best friend with me to the movie. My friend then got totally obsessed with Star Wars and he changed his clan name to PiZZa aNaKiN. Later, when his obsession watered down, he changed his name back to the original one. I was still in my Star Wars obsession (since 6th grade already) asked him if I could take the name 'PiZZaNaKiN'. He was okay with it, and since then I always stuck to that name.

How I got into minecraft
Now for minecraft: On my school, we had an advanced education for intelligent students (DoomThinking, Dada_200 and vxpatrickxv were classmates of mine). One of the special features of this education was 3 hours of project lessons each week. This meant we could go to the library to do resourch on our pc's. Of course no one did that, and everyone was playing games. Doom played volleyball, and one of his friends there (Dharox) showed him minecraft. Doom introduced it to our friend CodeBeta (also in our class, he has been on the server a few times) and CodeBeta introduced it to the rest our class during one of these project lessons.

He showed us a video by X (davidr64yt), and my first impression was "WTF?! what the heck is so fun about this!". Then he said the game was played by over a million people. A random guy in the library walked up to us and he said: 'You've definitely got to play this game. It's awesome." So at home I checked out the video's from X. I watched all of them while trying out the game for myself. When I got back at school the next week, everyone was talking about their awesome builds already (Patrick had built a tower to the top of the map with a glass platform there) but I never even got a proper base set up yet. After 2 weeks of playing, I bought minecraft premium on the 10th of december 2010, the last day of Minecraft Alpha. My first 'real' world (a world where I had a proper base) had a dirt fortress, which was later upgraded to cobblestone and jack 'o lanterns on the walls. It was really special to me. I was then still playing on a shitty laptop that could only handle tiny render distances.

My own server
A few weeks later, my mum bought me a new laptop, and it could run minecraft on far render distance, and even host a server. So I decided to port-forward my router so I could make a server. Doom and I were the only ones with premium at that time, all the others in our class still played crack. After most found out that I had a server, they wanted to start playing there. However, most of their parents didn't want to buy a game through the internet. That's why about 5 people in my class paid me to buy them an account. Then we started playing on my server.

The first house we made was a small castle, with cacti walls. We had a common room and private rooms. We had been expanding it a lot. Until on a saturday morning, doom and patrick told me they were working on a 'special' project. The really curious and impatient me couldn't wait and I teleported to them, receiving a lot of hate from them. They were working on a big base next to an ocean, with 3 levels inside: a harbor level, a level with shops and one with private rooms. The walls outside had lava around them. We kept playing in this base for a while and then we got kinda bored of minecraft. This was around the versions Beta 1.5 untill 1.7.

The [content removed by nubjon] Server
After version 1.8 was released, doom introduced me to a server called 'The WaffleJar', run by two Dutch guys, who seemed to be the ones who introduced Dharox to minecraft. I joined the server, which was at the moment just plain vanilla. They had to wait for the plugins to be updated. The server was pretty professional, and me and another friend of mine (pizzakoerier007, he hasn't played on this server) started to make our own base.

I played on that server for around half a year, and then I got banned because of a mistake: I wanted to run my own private server again for just small survival with friends, and I wanted to invite one player from their server who didn't have skype. I asked one of the two owners if using /tell was fine to give my IP. He said it was fine. 5 seconds after sending the message I got banned by the other owner because he caught me "advertising| :\ At that point minecraft became less important to me again. I was still watching video's from youtubers but I didn't really play the game myself.

My gaming pc
In the summer of 2012 I had earned enough money to buy myself a new awesome computer to play minecraft. At that time, my laptop crashed as well (sad times, I lost all my data of our old server map which I had found again just a few months befpre). One of the youtubers that I watched, Chewtoons, was starting his own server. Because he was a relatively small youtuber I decided to join the server once I got my pc set up. With only 4 active players and no good plugins/map yet, the players decided to help Chew with setting up the server. He installed bukkit, permissions and I got creative mode to help building the spawn. Chew had made a statue of himself at the spawn, but I thought it was too 'empty'. I decided to make a 2nd statue, which would be way more detailed. But in the end it didn't replace the original one. It did get a special place on the map though, and I got a diamond sword, a bow and a pickaxe as a reward. All of these were enchanted with a plugin: every enchantment at level 127 (:D).After a while the server got boring because they switched their system and became a minigames server.

Chimneyswift11 (another youtuber I watched) had just bought a new pc, and he made a shaders video showing off the powers of his pc. In the description, he linked a tutorial video of how to install shaders, which was from a really small channel from a Norwegian guy with around 500 subs. I decided to subscribe and I started to help the community a lot. I liked all his video's, I was on his server almost 24/7 and I gave him advice on stuff. I got promoted to admin on his server and I really enjoyed playing there. The server was softcore factions: the groups existed but PVP was off. After a while, the server crashed and he didn't know how to fix it, so he decided just to stop with the server. I didn't know what to do then, so I left minecraft again for a while.

My introduction to libercraft
Then, about a month later, I got interested in playing minecraft again, and I searched a few vanilla servers. I found 2 decent servers, both whitelisted, and I applied to both. I was accepted to the first one within a few minutes (arrows being a no-liver :D) and I joined. I got a few melons, some bones, some stone and a stone sword from Marty (megagoodwin) and I decided to stay here, because the community seemed way nicer than the other one. I looked at the tab list and I saw some guy named 'meneernickpik', which is a Dutch combination of words. Because I didn't know anyone else, I started to talk to him. I asked if he was dutch and he said yes. He asked me to live at his islands and so I did.

The First Dutch Reign of Libercraft
I built a small house, and I asked if there was an endermanfarm on the server. Ari replied to me with: "What's an enderman farm?" and then I realized how 'nooby' (sorry guys xD) this server was. But what I didn't know: I was one of the first players to join the server after they'd gone public, and most players came from their samp server and didn't know anything about minecraft before. I built myself an enderman farm and I wanted to show it to my friend DoomThinking (he was always bragging about enderman farm designs on a server where he played). Doom decided to stay and he built a house at the islands too. We were skyping the whole day and at some point our friend Patrick joined the call. He applied to the server and then joined. The same happened with dada_2000. Later I got Vagegast37, creepercraft2000, stevenisdenaam and CodeBeta to join too. They only played for about a week or probably even less. However at this point, at almost any moment in game, about 75% of the current online players would be Dutch :mrgreen:

For a long time, we were the 'unbeatable quartet', because I only gave us four + a select amount of ingame friends acces to our farm, and no one else had one. We had OP enchanted tools and loads of enderpearls. I discovered a glitch to enter houses with enderpearls, which created a loophole allowing us to steal from peoples chests. The rules stated that you could steal from any chest that you could access without griefing into the house. Since we didn't grief the house but glitched inside with the pearls, we were technichally doing what was allowed. However, we didn't tell anyone how we got inside.

First LiberCraft change
At that moment, the Norwegian youtuber restarted his server so I joined there. After a month it became boring there so I came back here. Lots of things changed: Liberbay was founded, we had a dynmap and using enderpearls to enter houses was now made illegal. I made a house at liberbay and then I didn't know what else to do. One day I was on a skype call with dada (note: dada can be a very big troll sometimes). He had a floating platform near liberbay, which was still kind of allowed when he built it.

Ari wanted it to be removed later on, because the rules changed. Anything below layer 150 was not allowed. All floating platforms had to be above that layer else it would be removed. The only thing allowed below layer 150 were railtracks. So what did we do? We added railtracks to the platform to make it an 'unfinished railtrack'. Then we decided to make a troll entrance to his house. His entrance was aiming an enderpearl at a tower, which would make you land on a platform. We added pistons to this landing platform to remove the floor. We would invite people up and they'd drop dead because they didn't land safely. A few days later I decided to make my own flying base next to his. I worked on my skylands for several weeks and the result was a beautiful floating resort of islands way up in the sky.

Time passed and I had built my medieval town Liyuna (screenshots can be found in the building and showcases section). I was bored again until I decided to make a base just like Methuselath had made with his friends (it was REALLY AWESOME o.0). So I grouped up with Vlad, Darel and Angel (edit from 2k17: lol I barely remember these guys) to make a base. After we had some decent tunneling to different rooms, Dada joined the game and we started a skype call. I showed him the way to our base and we decided to go trolling again, by removing the textures for paintings in our texturepack, and we added paintings on signs everywhere across the base. We made tunnels behind the paintings and a secret entrance, so we could spy on anyone at whatever time we wanted. Dada had a stone skin (he still does I believe) and sometimes he would walk into Angel's room, standing behind a stone wall, and Angel didn't notice a thing (angel was new to the game so he was kind of a nub). We had loads of fun until we got noticed :P

Introduction to staff
At the end period on the old map, I got promoted to moderator. I didn't expect that to happen any time soon, because I was banned a few weeks earlier for dick-ish behaviour and I had been inactive for some periods. Then we had the first map reset. Thanks for reading :D I might extend this some time later when I've got new story to fill it up. Libercaft is by far the best community I've ever been in, and the 2nd best server (the best being my own server, because there's so much nostalgia on that map, too bad I'll never see it back).

UPDATE 1
Alright, I think it is time to update this topic. Quite some stuff has happened since I wrote this :mrgreen: When I wrote the first part, we were still in 1.6 and on the second map. I think I went a bit inactive at the end of that period because the map got abandoned by quite some people. I started focusing more on redstone in singleplayer, because the 1.7 snapshots were really interesting. I was also following Sethbling really actively because he showed cool 1.7 stuff in his videos. In that same period, he joined the community called Mindcrack. Having heard from Mindcrack a few times before from Doom, I decided to check it out. I fell in love and soon after I started watching EthosLab too. I wanted to be part of a Mindcrack-like community myself, so I posted the idea on the admin forums here. Many of the staff at that time agreed, so we had a map reset and started to aim towards being a mindcrack-like community from that point.

1.7 map
The next map took place in 1.7. I think you can call this map the official map of unfinished projects. I don't know how many projects I swore to start and/or finish, but I think if you can count my total amount of finished things on one hand :p I'll try to list some of them here in a chronological order. Around the time that we reset the map, the second movie of The Hobbit hit the cinema. I saw it at the midnight release with my friends. I hadn't seen any of the movies except for An Unexpected Journey, which I saw an hour before going to The Fesolation of Smaug. I fell in love with middle earth after seeing both. That is why I decided to remake Rivendell on this server. I finished 2 buildings and a bridge so far.

Realizing Rivendell wouldn't be a proper home, I decided to make a regular base in a flower forest nearby. This base is almost finished, and I just have to complete one more room in it and make a few island above it. The place is filled with beacons, I think I have over 10 of them right now.

Promotion!
I also promised to make a giant dragon around spawn. A lot of people donated coal blocks so I could start building it, but I never did and the coal has just always been there in the chest at the bank. I think these three are the most memorable projects of this map, despite the fact that I never started one of them xD. Around April I got promoted to admin and now I serve the server as the event manager. Lately I haven't been as active because I had to learn a lot for school, and despite the efforts I didn't pass this year :( well I think that's enough for now, so thanks for reading and until the next update :mrgreen:

Update 2
So this part is written about 2,5 years after writing the previous update.. lol. A lot of stuff happened on lc, but also a lot of it is not that relevant to me so I'll give a small breakdown of everything that is relevant: In the last update I mentioned how I recently became admin. This was only for a few months, and after that I kinda switched between admin/mod for some time. Some period I'd be more active so I'd be promoted again and then a few months later I'd become inactive again and I'd be demoted. Eventually I settled on being mod, since that is just a lot easier for me regarding the time I have to play.

First Strike
The idea of First Strike is way older than the event itself. Ari asked me one day if it was possible to create realistic looking guns (relative to minecraft of course). I didn't really try making models before, but I did have experience with graphics and resource packs. So I gave it a shot, and after a few months of off and on working on the project, Ari and I were able to release FS in late 2015. Throughout 2016 I have also been working on the first expansion, which I finished in August of that year. However the event is currently not being held, since the plugin isn't updated.

Outside of LC
Up until the previous update, I was still attending high school. I still had 2 years to go at that point, but last year I had my finals and I graduated from high school with a very good list of grades :mrgreen: I'm currently studying Game Design and Development in the city of Groningen. I was inspired to choose this after creating the guns for first strike! I always knew I wanted to do something with digital media, because I was always working on graphics and visuals in my own spare time. Be it videos, drawings, textures or models, I've tried all of these (and I still occasionally do some of this stuff for LC too). However, being able to combine multiple of these assets into something that other people interact with was so cool that I decided to work on games!
Last edited by Pizzanakin on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pizzanakin
Community Manager

Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Re: Pizza's Story

Postby Pizzanakin » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:40 pm

Mhm did I own kyran in lenght? :D
Pizzanakin
Community Manager

Postby Kyranio » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Nope :P and i wrote my story with one finger on my phone.
Kyranio

Minecraft Nick: Kyranio

Postby Aribaba » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:13 pm

Also read it all xd
"im gonna punch you in the fucking jugular okt i swear to god." - Clara (thefoxcat)
Aribaba
Director

Minecraft Nick: Aribaba95

Postby Pizzanakin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:52 pm

Wow this is almost a year old already :o time to update.

Edit: Updates the OP
Pizzanakin
Community Manager

Postby ericsanchez1216 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:11 am

Pizzanakin wrote:Wow this is almost a year old already :o time to update.

Im not in the story ;_;
"They call us darkness, but they forgot we only exist when there is light" - LoS
ericsanchez1216

Minecraft Nick: ericsanchez1216

Postby Three_Pounds » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:21 am

that wall of text, though :o

I'm gonna print it. No way I'm reading that on screen.
Three_Pounds
Donator

Minecraft Nick: Three_Pounds

Postby Pizzanakin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:48 am

ericsanchez1216 wrote:
Pizzanakin wrote:Wow this is almost a year old already :o time to update.

Im not in the story ;_;

Almost no one is :p
Pizzanakin
Community Manager

Postby Aribaba » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:43 pm

lol the update is basically "I did nothing in this map kthxbai"
"im gonna punch you in the fucking jugular okt i swear to god." - Clara (thefoxcat)
Aribaba
Director

Minecraft Nick: Aribaba95

Postby ericsanchez1216 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:52 am

Aribaba wrote:lol the update is basically "I did nothing in this map kthxbai"

No the update says he did stuff but never finished
"They call us darkness, but they forgot we only exist when there is light" - LoS
ericsanchez1216

Minecraft Nick: ericsanchez1216

Next

Return to Player Introductions