CheezeLeader45's Unban Appeal

Wrongly banned? Post here!

CheezeLeader45's Unban Appeal

Postby CheezeLeader45 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:40 pm

IG Name: CheezeLeader45
What you did: I was "hacking" on the discord server
Why you should be unbanned: It's legit broken and I said I wouldn't read it if no one wanted me too. So I didn't read it and it didn't break until last night when I got back from my trip. I wasn't going to read it unless someone told me too, which no one did so I didn't read anything.
Screenshot (if available): https://gyazo.com/aa58b57a3dd672a9f52fd28db54c8923 Hidden channels are at the bottom (which aren't there) I'm a moderator on this server so I can see moderation, etc.
CheezeLeader45

Minecraft Nick: CheezeLeader45

Re: CheezeLeader45's Unban Appeal

Postby TheJonLondon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:05 pm

CheezeLeader45 wrote:IG Name: CheezeLeader45
What you did: I was "hacking" on the discord server
Why you should be unbanned: It's legit broken and I said I wouldn't read it if no one wanted me too. So I didn't read it and it didn't break until last night when I got back from my trip.
Screenshot (if available): https://gyazo.com/aa58b57a3dd672a9f52fd28db54c8923 Hidden channels are at the bottom (which aren't there) I'm a moderator on this server so I can see moderation, etc.

So everyone understands what happened. Cheeze here revealed in discord chat that he was using something that allowed him to see private channels on discord that he could not normally see. He says its not a hack, but in reality, it is a hack. You aren't meant to see private channels for a reason.

You were banned, because again, you were hacking on our discord. It poses a gigantic security risk for our server if something important was said on there and you happened to take it. I solved the issue regarding this for staff channel, so no one could ever do it again and we're safe now, however the fact that you even were using it to see other channels is a huge red flag to us. Personal information or passwords could have been on there, and for you to think its no big deal, again, is a red flag for us.

You even admit it on discord main chat:
Still laughing that my friend Duck_4 (King8312) is banned for doing something he shouldn't have... Lmfao.
Thank god he isn't in this discord..
So igc isn't public? Whoops. Might've seen a little to much.
Ooo also a staff chat. Don't worry I won't look.
Just looking at what's hidden from me.. I'm not the only one that can see all.

Ironic that you laughed at your friend for doing something they shouldn't be doing, since you were also doing something you weren't supposed to be doing. Also as you admit, you looked in igc(igc is basically like irc). Anyways, I would never know if you did or did not look in staff chat. It doesn't matter if you promise me or not, how would I ever know.

You then claim in your appeal above that the hack is broken, but this is what you literally wrote to me the day before you got banned:
Even if I did show you
You can't patch it
Discord cant either
It updates like everyday
Plus it's a "hack" or a plugin that I use

You said discord can't patch it and it updates everyday, yet now you're saying it stopped working a day after you got banned. Very convenient.

You don't think its a big deal whatsoever, but its a huge deal for us. It poses a huge security risk for the server. Also putting quotation marks around "hack" doesn't all of a sudden mean its not a hack lol.

Anyways after discussing with staff members for a bit, majority have agreed to not unban you at this time.
:gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
TheJonLondon
Director

Minecraft Nick: TheJonLondon

Return to Unban Appeals