"I didn't use xray!"

Wrongly banned? Post here!

"I didn't use xray!"

Postby Pizzanakin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:53 pm

Just wanted to post this here for future reference, maybe this could be stickied?

I feel that maybe some insight in how we track xraying will help some people out in the long run. We tend to be more forgiving to people who admit their mistakes so perhaps people will be more honest because of this :mrgreen:

I'll show you a mine made by a guy who used xray (name is removed for privacy) so you can first hand see how it looks, and what our methods are to see who it was and if it was xray or not.

Let's start!

what do we have here! a mining entrance made by Aqstro, approximately 141 hours and 36 minutes ago.

it drops right down into this nice hole! (if you're wondering how the bottom is lit, I dropped a torch and I'm using optifine, which lights up torch items)

going down, there seems to be another drop!

even deeper this time

and another drop!

finally we have reached the bottom. this guy surely needed to get down fast.

straight next to lapis ore. nothing suspicious about that on first thought, however notice how he took a turn to the right straight after.

this is where the tunnel continues.

then it goes down a little more.

and here we find diamond ores! right in the middle of the path. we only had to dig about 20 blocks after reaching this height, however we turned 90 degrees twice and we had to dig 3 blocks deeper first.. how lucky though

then the tunnel takes another turn.

and another one, but there's something in the corner here.

more diamonds! can't believe this luck..

continueing in the tunnel, we go down here.

followed by some weird turns and directions.

which continues in this straight line.

I love tunnels like these. a small branch from the previous tunnel goes slightly upwards where there's gold ore. After that this branch was a dead end.

behind the next turn there's diamond ores again!

and a small branch leading to iron ore.. just the same as the gold ore, dead end.

and we've reached the end! more diamond or there. this end was reached approximately 141 hours and 33 minutes ago.

So here we saw a mining trip of 3 minutes. In that time, our guy was able to find 4 veins of diamonds, some gold and iron (several veins of gold/iron were left out since they are less rare, so obviously these could've been found semi-naturally). As any normal minecraft player knows, these rates are extreeemely good, too good to be true honestly.

Combine this with the fact that the guy started by mining directly down. This isn't unseen, however usually people dig either 2x1 or a staircase, to make sure they don't fall in anything. The next thing is that the mines are also completely dark. Xray has an "auto light" feature where you don't have to place any torches because all blocks appear with the maximum light level already. I know there are potions that do this as well, however this method is not used that much. Given the fact that other evidence points to xray as well you can simply assume this is because of xray as well.

So the proof we were able to find here:
- Too many rare ores too close to each other, found within too few minutes of each other to be realistic
- Random tunnels indicating the player having knowledge on how to get directly to these ores.
- Digging straight down towards where the ores are, also not hitting lava with this because they can see the lava lakes.
- No torches at all.

Disclaimer: This particular mine was quite obvious, which is why it is a good example for how xray mines look. Other players might be able to conceal it better, however looking at mines like this is often the last "stage" of catching an xrayer. There are other things involved as well but I won't mention this here since it's not relevant.
Pizzanakin
Community Manager

Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Return to Unban Appeals