Petition to remove Phantoms

Please give us your suggestions!

Petition to remove Phantoms

Postby JoFashi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:02 am

Ever since Phantoms were added in 1.13, I have heard nothing but complaints from players annoyed by the constant harassment of these fierce little flying creatures. Just as mob griefing has been disabled to combat the craters of Creeper explosions, I am rallying to remove Phantoms from the server, or, at the very least, mitigate the effects of their kamikaze attacks.

By disabling Phantoms we will be one step closer to securing a more enjoyable game environment for the people of LiberCraft by eliminating this disturbance of the highest order.

:gold: :lc: :gold:
"I'm not dense, I'm just compact."
-Josh 2015
JoFashi

Minecraft Nick: TackyTim

Re: Petition to remove Phantoms

Postby Pizzanakin » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 am

as the plugin developer of the server, I think this is completely possible to do and I would personally see it as a justified change (I haven't heard anyone be positive about phantoms so far lol). let's hear what others have to say.

as for the membrane, I am not sure if a replacement is necessary since most people have access to mending now. but otherwise I could look into making it a rare drop from any mob in the aquatic dimension, or we could add it to crates.

ps. the way I am currently imagining this to work is that I will just disable the spawning of new phantoms. I am not removing all phantoms from the map, so players who have caught a phantom by naming it will get to keep theirs + it will become extra rare since phantoms will no longer spawn :p
Pizzanakin
Community Manager

Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Return to Server Suggestions