Jon's Ideas

Please give us your suggestions!

Jon's Ideas

Postby TheJonLondon » Tue May 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Its important to answer this post if you like any of my ideas or not, even if you are staff. Now I'm pretty sure the majority of people will be fine with idea 1, because this time around it would be completely optional. The things involved in idea 1 was liked by a lot of people before, but since it wasn't optional, a few people weren't pleased. This time, this idea would be completely optional. Ideas 2 and 3 are wild and I can see maybe some not being a fan, but my thought process was that it would get you excited and interested. Anyway, here are my ideas.

Idea 1: The Custom World Dimension

Remember on the 1.9 map, we decided to use a custom world generator. The custom world generator created lands such as this, click the spoiler:
Spoiler:

However, this time around, this custom world would come in the form as another dimension. That means there would be a: Vanilla Overworld, Vanilla Nether, Vanilla End, AND Custom Generated World. Unlike last time, where the custom generated world overtook the vanilla overworld, THIS TIME, it would come as another dimension and the vanilla overworld would STAY. So now, this Custom World dimension would be 100% optional to enter. If you hate it, you never have to go into it. I just know that a lot of people really liked this world, and I feel like people would be happy to see it back. It was very unique and a lot of people liked the feel.

Not only that, but since I've heard recommendations before about wanting more of an exploration feel here at libercraft, we could make it so that dynmap does not show the land of this custom world dimension. This way, if you really want to have an exploration feel and not know what is where in this dimension, then this is an option for you.

And from here on out, expect the wild...

Idea 2: Trial By Combat And Mob Boss Arena

Trial by combat, if you don't know, is basically when someone who is going to combat for a crime they committed. If they win the trial by combat, their punishment ends, if they lose the trial by combat, their punishment continues. They usually face off against someone, but in this scenario, they would face off against a mob boss that I have created(I've learned how to make strong mob bosses with commands). Trial by Combat would ONLY apply(be an option for them) to people who were banned in their first 1-2 weeks joining the server. Since many of these players get banned for xray/stealing, under those bans we can sometimes offer the option for them to do a trial by combat if they want to risk it. They'll have the option for us to decide the length of the ban or to do the trial by combat with a mob boss. Like I said, this would ONLY potentially be used for people who got banned in the FIRST or SECOND week on the server. This wouldn't be the norm and it is completely optional to the banned player if we decide to offer them the option. This would A) give some banned players a chance who might not get unbanned otherwise because getting banned early here is usually going to have the ban stay in place, since we are strict when people get banned early and B) gives the rest of us something to watch and it can be interesting.

If you don't like the trial by combat thing, its fine. The arena can still be used as a place where I make tough mob bosses that you can face off for fun. That idea was already planned earlier but with a plugin. Since the plugin is kinda tough to do because of circumstances, I would just make the mobs with commands instead of the plugin for now, since I now am getting the hang of it. We can also use the arena for gambling on the person who is fighting the mob boss. Some can bet money on whether the person facing the mob boss will win or lose.

Idea 3: The Seven Dragon Eggs

Another wildish idea, and this time, I steal this idea from Dragon Ball. In the show Dragon Ball, if you collect all seven Dragon Balls, a mystical dragon named Shenron appears and grants you one wish. In our scenario, I would hide 7 Dragon Eggs throughout the world(not counting the one from the dragon). If someone gathers all 7 Dragon Eggs, a mystical man named ShenJon would appear and grant you one wish. Now lets get something clear here, obviously there would be restrictions on what you can wish for. In Dragon Ball, when a wish is too overpowered or complicated, the mystical dragon says "I do not have the power to do this wish". Now, I can either make very concrete limitations on what you can wish for or leave your imagination to wander of what I actually would accept. I can also make it just a reward based thing. So if you gather all 7 eggs, I'd open an area where your reward is. The reward would prob be epic and I guess I'd change the reward everytime. Either way, its a concept, I don't have all the exact details to it. If multiple people have a dragon egg, a competition between the people can be done to decide who gets the eggs. Like you can bet a dragon egg each and do a competition. I like it because it gives people a reason to explore even more and something to dream of/want.

Anyways, I don't think anyone will have an issue with Idea 1. Its 100% an optional dimension. Even if you weren't a fan, it shouldn't effect you. It should not cause anymore lag btw, once the chunks are loaded, it wont cause lag. Just look at how big the end is, server is fine. Server has improved a lot in terms of lagging(basically doesn't lag for the most part). At least this is what I believe would be the case. But if you really see a flaw to it, be my guest and say it. Ideas 2 and 3 are kinda out there, and ya, we can limit them in whatever way, if you do or do not like any of these ideas, please say so. I know 2 and 3 sound on the wild side, but limits would be placed. I just thought they'd give interesting aspects to libercraft and keep you more entertained. Thanks 4 reading the long post.

Only suggestions as of now, feel free to say yay or nah
:gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Minecraft Nick: TheJonLondon

Re: Jon's Ideas

Postby MineLars » Tue May 23, 2017 8:44 pm

I'd LOVE an extra dimension. In my opinion custom map, pvp always enabled and dynmap off: normal rules stay in place except for the fact that you may kill others outside of bases and houses and keep looted stuff ( ofcourse in a limited basis: not just headhunting anytime one is online.)

The other ideas dont interest me as much, but wouldnt be against em
:lcblock:
MineLars
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: MineLars

Postby msbggem » Wed May 24, 2017 12:52 am

Extra dimension with dynmap off sounds awesome, pvp optional imo or people like me who suck at pvp would never risk going.

Trial by combat sounds interesting and fun to watch but comes with the obvious catch of someone breaking the rules on purpose, so it would def need an option to do it without getting banned.

If i collect 7 dragon eggs could i have a temple MADE OUT OF sponges?
msbggem
Donator

Minecraft Nick: msbggem

Postby TheJonLondon » Wed May 24, 2017 1:06 am

-Ya that's my main point against having pvp on in the other dimension. People who are bad at pvp, won't risk entering. There's a lot of non-pvpers here. However, in lars scenario he says you can't pvp people who are on their property, so you do have a safety net at least. But I'm open to all opinions on it.

-Yes you can fight in the arena and have people gamble on you, so you don't need to get banned to fight the bosses. Or you can just fight in the arena when I'm there for an event. More likely flaw to trial by combat is people could hack in it, but I guess everyone would be watching, so everyone can be the judge i guess, its still a flaw. Obvi getting caught hacking in the trial by combat is automatic permaban.

-According to legends

jonedit: if you really want, we can just make a list of players who are open to pvping in the custom world dimension as long as they are not at their property/house. So if you are not on the list, no one is allowed to pvp you. If you're on the list, you'd keep pvp on and are open to fighting. I know its not as good i guess, but a compromise I suppose.
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Postby msbggem » Wed May 24, 2017 5:26 am

TheJonLondon wrote:jonedit: if you really want, we can just make a list of players who are open to pvping in the custom world dimension as long as they are not at their property/house. So if you are not on the list, no one is allowed to pvp you. If you're on the list, you'd keep pvp on and are open to fighting. I know its not as good i guess, but a compromise I suppose.

We might be able to find a way where people can turn it on/off in game, using a button or or pressure plate or something, and then the Tab list could mark them differently? would probably take a plugin though
msbggem
Donator

Postby MineLars » Wed May 24, 2017 6:40 am

When you are oit of your base you are almost always not afk; hunting for food, mining blocks or adventuring.. at those times anyone is mostly pretty geared up: if it is not players attacking it could be mobs..

Now i just wish to add this pvp thing because finding eachother is already pretty much a challenge w.o. dmap, hence why fights wouldnt be happening so often.

I'd like the new dimension to give us a challenging, adventurous and beautiful world.

But yeah if you guys wish for just optional pvp we can just keep the pvp plugin there instead of having a pvp enabled region
:lcblock:
MineLars
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: MineLars

Postby msbggem » Wed May 24, 2017 1:18 pm

Unfortunately being geared up really doesn't make a difference when you aren't good at pvp.

An alternative however could be to enable the 'keep inventory' worldguard flag. Less risk for the victims but ofc no reward for the attacker.
msbggem
Donator

Postby TheJonLondon » Wed May 24, 2017 3:02 pm

lets not do keepinventory, minecraft is easy enough icri. Just lets make a list of people who can pvp in the dimension

Also please EVERYONE, write your opinions on all the suggestions
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Postby rose » Wed May 24, 2017 5:03 pm

i liked the first and third
i don't really care about the 2nd
i think we should do something in the new dimension like put the quest dungeons inside it and the 7 dragon eggs so we get a lot of exploration without dynmap also i liked lars' pvp idea making this new dimension feel more wild is amazing in my opinion (then again i love pvp) maybe just have the pvp plugin there too (but you can't change it in there if that is an option) and if anyone pvp is on there they can be hunted
rose
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: RoseDragonX

Postby JadedDragon07 » Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 pm

I like all of these! <3
JadedDragon07
Donator

Minecraft Nick: JadedDragon07

Next

Return to Server Suggestions