Clans Suggestions

Please give us your suggestions!

Clans Suggestions

Postby Pizzanakin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 pm

yo guys,

people who have been here for a longer time, might remember that we once used to have an official clans system here on libercraft. the basic idea of it was that the clans were groups of members from the server who usually built their bases together on the map, and there was always a lighthearted form of rivalry and competition between the clans.

there were a few 'older' clans that were basically there from the start (League of Shadows owned by Jon, Drunken Dwarves owned by Shovel/Zin/Jobbes) but other clans that formed later also had a decent option of staying strong.

eventually we decided to get rid of them, to instead focus on community projects. however, we recently had some talks about whether we should bring the clans back. several staffmembers liked the idea, so there is a possibility of it happening.

I'm hoping you guys have some good suggestions of things we could do with the clans if we bring them back. if these suggestions help bring a feeling of lighthearted rivalry then they are more than welcome. some ideas I had could be a tournament at the minigames section, some form of clan icon on dynmap for the top 3 best clan bases, things like that.

if possible, I will devote some of my spare time to make a plugin to run the clans. you can also leave suggestions for this. some features that I would think it should have:
- special clan chat (/c <message>)
- clan leaderboards
- adding people to your clan ingame
Server Moderator
Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Re: Clans Suggestions

Postby Scorpion142 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:23 pm

I liked the clans, but nothing was ever done with them when I was there. However, if we were to stage events with clan vs clan aspects a leaderboard could be made to see your clan's ranking. Rewards could be added as an incentive, have a weekly check to see which clan is on top of the leaderboard and each month the score resets. The score could be points divided by the number of members you have in order to keep the clans fair.
Uno makes enemies.
Minecraft Nick: Scorpion142

Postby Pizzanakin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:54 pm

yeah I agree with the problem that nothing was done with them. that's why I want to make sure that if we do it again, we do it right this time :mrgreen:

with events you mean the minigames (arcade, sw, etc.) right? just so we're on the same page.
I think those ideas are really cool. instead of having like a seperate leaderboard for each event that you can only see during the event, we can make it accessible at the main server for players to look up etc.

and then of course have rewards. if we reset each month, I think that there should be a big reward for the nr. 1 right before the reset. weekly rewards could be things like give libercoins to the winning clan, etc.

let me know if you guys think of more :D
Server Moderator

Postby TheJonLondon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:42 pm

Just saying its harder to do something with clans because it requires everyone involved to be active. For example, I did do clan events a couple of times, but it required a massive amount of effort simply getting people to go on and do the thing they have to do(example: clan c4 tournament, clan parkour, etc).

Nothing was done with them after that because I had like 100000 other things to do here along with the fact there was like one really active clan and other clans were like ya whatever or vanished for stretches of time or vanished forever

As with everything here, the main source is getting the players to be involved with it. You get that, you can do whatever you feel like.

(btw ofc bring back clans, i was just explaining why things happened the way they happened. there's a reason most people remember only of a few clans, thats not a coincidence lol)
:gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
Community Manager
Minecraft Nick: TheJonLondon

Postby Pizzanakin » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:32 pm

here's all the ideas I've gathered so far:

clan ideas:
- clan heads (helmets?)
- clan armor
- clan banner (+ wearable)
- clan crates (banner items, dyes, etc.)
- clan home, extra home besides the normal 3 that is the same for all clanmembers
- clan initials in colour before name in chat (could be dream dimension only)
- set one of your homes as public, so that other clan members can access it

- score points by winning events
- score points by winning minigames
- score points by winning other activities on the server:
-- build a project within a certain time, the best looking result wins
-- (suggestions needed)
- each month the clan with the highest score wins and gets a prize

dream dimension:
- claimable territory
--stronger/better defense inside territory
--tools break easier outside territory
--terrirtory size depends on members (similar to factions but using our own plugin)
- get clan bonus (different perks that can be chosen by clan, strength depending on members)
- special magic-ish clan block used to mark clan base, that also gives random stuff every day/week/other period
--integrated with spells somehow?
--random stuff can be materials, rare enchanted weapons, negative effects, etc.

extra info:
for those who don't know, the dream dimension will also get a plugin that adds spell books to the game. these spell books can be used as a weapon, and will allow you to fire spells. they are obtained by creating a special altar that can generate spellbooks.

do you have additions/criticism? let me know!
ps. still adding things
Server Moderator

Return to Server Suggestions