Jon's Ideas

Please give us your suggestions!

Re: Jon's Ideas

Postby Sidera256 » Thu May 25, 2017 12:19 am

Your first idea is wonderful. Having another world to enter would be fun to explore. The typical minecraft overworld tends to get boring after a while. All biomes tend to be lacking any detail. One of my favorite mods, Biomes o' Plenty, has a wide variety of different biomes which I love. Each biome has a different feel to it. Some biomes a different colored sky and others have a different overall appearance than your typical default minecraft biome. The pictures shown in the custom world generator are very beautiful. All the biomes remind me of the Biomes o' Plenty mod which I like.

I'm not fully on board with the trial by combat and mob boss arena. I do like the idea of it, but maybe not have it as a choice of getting out of punishments. Some people are really bad at pvp, like me, and have no chance of beating the mob boss. If you lower the strength of the mob boss I don't think it will be fair to the other players who had to fight it at a different strength. Maybe instead of using it as a way to get out of being banned for a certain period of time you use more of a gladiator fighting in the Colosseum if that makes sense. Having a certain amount of players fighting a mob boss or even one player attacking it would be very fun to watch and participate in. I feel like this can be a tournament type of deal where you can beat on a player or group. Overall I like this idea, but I feel like it shouldn't be used as a way to get out of punishment.

Having to find the seven dragon eggs would a lot of fun. I'm hoping they wont be impossible to find though. I think adding riddles would be make it better or confining the eggs in a certain area. I would most likely accept this challenge to maybe get an actual dragon egg to keep for a decoration. This may be out there, but having someone find the seven dragon eggs in the custom world generator in a kingdom or temple would be really fun. Like have multiply temples or things similar to that and place them there. This can also be fun while searching with friends.

I really think you should include all of your ideas. I fully support it and would join in on these things. I honestly feel like I wrote an essay for school, but I wanted to give my full opinion of your ideas instead of saying 'yeah I like these.' Lastly if you took those screenshots what shader pack did you use.
You could try and take us, but victory's contagious.
Sidera256

Minecraft Nick: Sidera256

Postby TheJonLondon » Thu May 25, 2017 12:45 am

-The mob arena could be used for competitions and pretty much any type of event we can think of. As for the whole trial by combat thing, its optional to the player if we offer it to them. They would have the option for us judging it as a regular unban appeal or letting them do trial by combat. So if player x gets banned for xray, they might be unbanned in 1 months if we judge as a regular appeal or they can risk it and fight a mob boss. If they lose, the time limit of the ban might increase for example. Anyway, its probably the most controversial thing I suggested, so we'll see.

-Depending on how possible or impossible it is to find the dragon eggs will determine how powerful the wish could be I guess. There will always obviously be limitations to the wish. I originally had it that the dragon eggs would be found in the custom world dimension, so that is a possibility. I'd have a dragon shrine somewhere on the map where I'd even put signs of who owns a dragon egg(who was the person who found the dragon egg at least, can be annoying to track where it goes from there). I'd probably have it so the eggs would not be put into caves as well.

-I didn't take the screenshots, but the terrain basically looks like that without shaders
:gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Minecraft Nick: TheJonLondon

Postby TheJonLondon » Fri May 26, 2017 4:29 pm

I'm down for other people's suggestions if you have any. Keep in mind, my suggestion ideas 2 and 3 are barely even something I created, I got the ideas from tv shows and just incorporated into minecraft. So if you have ideas from ANYWHERE, I'm down to hear it.

Also ofc, if any of u have something to say about my ideas, again, please say so
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Postby Scorpion142 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:11 pm

I really like the Custom world Idea, if you were to have say several regions where PVP was mandatory then it could be a risk to go into those regions but then have good loot there. Also, you could have dungeons with bosses that you have to defeat for loot or have villages you can help out by doing a menial task like those in the spawn quest area. Say a desert village needs water or wood, a mountain village needs food or even a local cave needs to be cleared out.
I'm all up for the egg idea.
I don't really care for the arenas.
Uno makes enemies.
Scorpion142

Minecraft Nick: Scorpion142

Postby TheJonLondon » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm

General Consensus:
Other Custom World Dimension = yes
Dragon Eggs Wish = yes
Mob Arena = fine with it
Trial By Combat = Not too much excitement

We prob will not do trial by combat then, its something that only makes sense if people were excited for it. Everything else would happen eventually.

Regarding pvp on in the other dimension, I can make a list of people who can participate in something like this if you really want. Another reason that I did not jump immediately to the idea, besides the fact many people aren't a fan of pvp is that theoretically speaking we could eventually have a 5th dimension which is anarchy. But thats getting way way way ahead of myself and is a discussion wayyyyyy into the future. Wouldn't happen anytime soon.

I also wish to get some more ideas from you guys if you have any, so pls think about some things to add. Even things that can be fantasy/lore type things like the dragon eggs that grant a wish.
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Postby henm2000 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Hmmm I have that feeling that the ender chest will still work in both worlds, you should test that.
henm2000
Donator

Minecraft Nick: Chensome

Postby TheJonLondon » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:57 pm

henm2000 wrote:Hmmm I have that feeling that the ender chest will still work in both worlds, you should test that.

We will, dont worry
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Previous

Return to Server Suggestions