[Official] End town

Official Community Projects are listed here!

[Official] End town

Postby delirious_nomad_ » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:51 pm

Since we finally made it to the end it's time to make it look beautiful and give it the love it deserves. I will be building a spawn on a island when you go deeper into the end. Now you can build whatever you want in the town just make sure it's not bigger than spawn and spawn is going to be pretty big. And it can be as tall as you want. You can build houses and shops. I will inform when spawn is done so you could start building just reply to this topic if you wanna join.
delirious_nomad_

Minecraft Nick: delirious_nomad_

Re: End town

Postby koiboi86 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:23 pm

youll need to make sure its far from the main end island. too close and the dragon will destroy it all whenever it gets respawned
koiboi86
Donator

Minecraft Nick: koiboi86

Re: End town

Postby TheJonLondon » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:33 pm

End dragon can't grief + he's not doing it on the main starting island :gold:

I'll deff help gather resources and maybe I'll help with building
:gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Minecraft Nick: TheJonLondon

Re: [Official] End town

Postby Dartemis » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:17 pm

I was wondering if there were any plans to spawn proof the island on which the End Town is being built. I presume like the Overworld it is grief protected from Endermen, but as soon as a player is in the End Town (currently mostly Nomad) the Enderfarm completely shuts down, to like 2 Endermen per minute. I think spawn proofing the chunks that are loaded while in the End Town should rectify this but I'm not 100%.
Dartemis
Donator

Minecraft Nick: Dartemis

Postby TheJonLondon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:24 pm

I'll look into it soon, but I think its always an issue if someone else is in the end(could be wrong but I had issues with this sometimes before last map)
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Postby Pizzanakin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:08 pm

TheJonLondon wrote:I'll look into it soon, but I think its always an issue if someone else is in the end(could be wrong but I had issues with this sometimes before last map)

The thing is that it is very hard to make something mob proof if you just use survival methods. You'd have to strip the place to search each dark spot. Only when there is no possible place for them to spawn in the city area will the farm reach it's maximum potential again.

If it is too hard in survival perhaps we could look into making a region where mob spawning is disabled? As long as this region covers enough area around the city it should make the farm work. You could set the access to global in case it covers a lot of parts that aren't otherwise used by the city to make sure that other people can still do stuff near it.
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Postby TheJonLondon » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:49 am

Like I said, I believe its still an issue even if you're not in the end town but in some random place in the end like a random end city. So its going to happen anyway. Ofc I can set a wg on the end town, but that wouldn't exactly stop this from ever happening again
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Postby Pizzanakin » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:16 am

that is true, however since the end city is a permanent place and the other areas are just being explored, I feel like it will at least make a decent difference. Especially when people stop exploring the end.
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Return to Community Projects