Libercraftian Golf Course 2.0!

Official Community Projects are listed here!

Libercraftian Golf Course 2.0!

Postby ABJL » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Hello, fellow Libercrafters!

What?
Some of you may remember a golf course we had few years ago in 2015. (Feels like yesterday, right? :D). The project is back and alive for only one reason - because the last golf course was a great fun to both build and play. But due to server reset which came soon after, its lifetime was short. Now it is time to make it bigger, better and more epic in every dimension. :) And once again, the building of the golf course will be a community event! Oh, did I mention that this time there will be one exception - whenever server map reset happens (if it happens), the golf course will get carried on to the new map! So you can take your time and build something that can be enjoyed for a long time.

The game mechanic is simple - by dropping an item on the ice, it slides - like a golf ball. It takes some skill though to aim it and navigate the course with obstacles, so that's where it gets more interesting.

I have finished planning the 18 tracks, so now, dear players, we need your enthusiasm and great ideas to make this one epic golf course. You can get some inspiration by checking out this gallery from the previous golf course we made. The whole idea is that everybody who is interested can build one (or more) hole(s) of the 18 part golf course as an event. You can even make teams and I even strongly advise to build in teams to make the building process more fun and have different people with different skills.

Previous golf course pictures: https://imgur.com/a/wFWAuPa

Where?
The course is located near the permanent city and near the TV tower, west of spawn area. To get there, just head west from spawn, past the event portal. You can also check the map ingame, it has the marker "Golf Course". See map below for better view.

Map:

When and How?
Right away :). You can go and choose one course you'd like to work on and reply to this topic using the form:

Name(s):
Course: (C2 - C18)

After you have registered, I'll grant you access to the golf course area to start planning / building. You can also ask any other administrators or owners to give you access to the golf course.

The whole purpose of this event is not only to build an awsome golf course, but mainly to have fun and build something cool together and later it also can be played together.

A Few Rules:
When building the golf course there is a certain "carpet code" which is only thing that is mandatory to follow. This is only to keep the whole thing looking neat and fair to everyone:

The each track should be surrounded by acacia planks or slabs. The inner structure is basically a packed ice covered with certain colored carpets.

Lime Green
- Normal play tile with packed ice. All golf balls roll nicely there.
Yellow - Target / checkpoint tile. Aim here to proceed. (Used over an hopper for example to move the items around automatically)
Red - Danger tile. Avoid at all costs. Balls will most likely get stuck there and the player must start over.

Some remarks:
Even though I have marked the starting and goal positions already, they are not set in stone. If you have a good reason and need to move something within reasonable range (not like 100 blocks :D), please let me know. It is quite flexible. Also the cobble lines are only suggested paths and to help you find the starting positions and goals. Feel free to adapt it to your own design!

The purpose why I laid out the general course, is to make that all courses would follow each other in a nice loop. While laying out the course, I had some general ideas in mind and I wrote them on signs near the starting pads. Please check them out ingame, but these are only suggestions, feel free to adapt it to your own design.

I highly encourage you to plan your course ahead in creative mode to make it nice, challenging and fun to play.

Prize:
Oh, did I mention, that two of the most epic builds will receive 32 :diamond: as an award. ;)
(Based on a community poll after all golf courses are finished)

I'll keep a separate post (below) to keep track who is registered to which track.

Good Luck!
-ABJL
To realise the unimportance of time is the gate of wisdom.
-Bertrand Russell

Instagram @cloudlaane (aerial photos, scenic views, nature pictures)
ABJL
Server Administrator

Minecraft Nick: ABJL

Re: Libercraftian Golf Course 2.0!

Postby ABJL » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 pm

Course assignment list:

C1 - ABJL (Simple starter course) (Done)
C2 -
C3 -
C4 - Daks_7 and ArreisRose (Potential windmill here)
C5 -
C6 -
C7 -
C8 - ABJL (Double Bridge fun)
C9 -
C10 - (Small house in the woods maybe, like red riding hood?)
C11 -
C12 -
C13 -
C14 -
C15 - GeneralChaos_26
C16 -
C17 -
C18 -

1/18 courses done
3/18 WIP
14/18 Unassigned
-Bertrand Russell

ABJL
Server Administrator

Postby GeneralChaos_26 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:50 am

I placed a community chest with the acacia wood planks, packed ice, and some lime green carpets by the introduction sign at the :lc: Golf Course. Please fill free to add to the chest or take what you need. We really need some soul sand for the starting area for each of the holes. If you have some extra, please donate it to the community chest. It would be greatly appreciated.
-GC
GeneralChaos_26

Minecraft Nick: -GC

Postby ABJL » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:16 am

Thank you very much GC! :)

Indeed, I forgot to mention that you can also help by donating different materials for the course. We need a lot of packed ice, acacia wood and lime wool.

And of course about 2 stacks of soulsand, and soulsand only, since it has the property of being a lower block and thus you can't accidentally walk over a slab while taking the first shot - which is fair for everybody.
-Bertrand Russell

ABJL
Server Administrator

Postby ArreisRose » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Name(s): Daks_7 and ArreisRose
Course: (C4)
We're gonna give it a beach theme :D (Edit: We originally asked for C15 but changed it to C4)
ArreisRose

Minecraft Nick: ArreisRose

Return to Community Projects