JouneyMap Mod

Discuss Server Stuff in this Forum.

JouneyMap Mod

Postby tomcat21 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:12 am

Good morning all!

I read the rules before I started playing on the server and noticed the section about mods. I currently only use Forge + Optifine while on the server. In my single plauer worlds I use JourneyMap as I dislike Minecraft maps and hate getting lost!

I know you said some minimap mods are fine, but this allows me to find caves, ravines and sometimes even dungones underground quite easily. It also allows people a way to find underground bases. Nearby mobs are also displayed making finding rarer mobs (hunting wither skeletons) and aforementioned dungeons easier .

I haven't been using it except for an hour or so since where finding wither skeletons was near impossible, but it makes my life a little easier so I thought I would request permission here.

http://journeymap.info/About

Thanks guys :)
tomcat21
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: daggytee

Re: JouneyMap Mod

Postby TheJonLondon » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:04 am

A lot of that sounds like it has very similar qualities of xray(basically telling you where everything is like dungeons, caves, etc.), and I don't think we're fine with that.

What we say with minimap mods: let it only show things that you can see on dynmap. Anything else we aren't a fan of.
:gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Minecraft Nick: TheJonLondon

Re: JouneyMap Mod

Postby tomcat21 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:24 am

No worries! I will not use it on the server then :)
tomcat21
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: daggytee

Return to Server Discussion