Combat Overhaul - New Plugin [Dream Dimension]

Discuss Server Stuff in this Forum.

Combat Overhaul - New Plugin [Dream Dimension]

Postby TheJonLondon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:26 am

Combat Overhaul
The custom dimension runs the first alpha test of a new plugin, called Combat Overhaul. The plugin is intended to be an overhaul of the minecraft combat system, creating a focus on a class based system. It is developed by Pizzanakin for the libercraft server.

Features
The current features are:
- Three completely new spells
- Three bow abilities
- One sword ability
- Three different types of magical altars used to summon spellbooks

Spells
The three spells are obtained by using the three altars. A tutorial on how to use altars can be found here. To use a spell, hold it in either of your hands and right click. The spell will consume a bit of mana (enchanting levels). Some spells can be dual cast to create a stronger version. To do this, click with both mouse buttons to cast the spell.

The current spells are:
- Aquaria
Shoots a water bolt, which does damage and gives a slowness effect to targets. If the target is on fire, it will remove this fire.
Dual cast: Ice bolt that travels slower but does more damage, same effects apply as the water bolt.

- Ignirium
Shoots a fire bolt, which does damage and sets the target on fire.
Dual cast: Shoots a ball of fire that will explode on impact, doing more damage to the targets around the impact.

- Electrus
Shoots an electric bolt that instantly travels to the target location. Will also charge creepers if the bolt it shot close enough near a creeper.
Dual cast: doesn't yet exist.

Bow Abilities
The current bow abilities are:
- Spreadshot
Shoots 5 arrows in a volley shape, but in random directions.
To use this ability: equip a bow and quickly right click twice, holding the second click to draw the bow. Then release the bow to shoot the arrows.

- Razor Rain
Drops three arrows from the sky at the position that you are looking at, with a maximum distance of 50 blocks.
To use this ability: equip a bow, then look at the target location, and quickly right click twice.

- Hawk Eye
Zoom in your vision so you can aim more precise. Stops you from moving while zoomed in.
To use this ability: equip a bow, then quickly right click twice to zoom in. Quickly right click again to zoom out.

Sword Abilities
The current sword abilities are:
- Teleport
Teleports you to a random location within a 5 block radius. Can be used to attempt to attack someone from behind or to dodge an incoming attack.

Extra notes
You can give suggestions and report bugs for the plugin here. Any players that do not report a bug by choice or who choose to exploit it will receive warning points, because it is both unfair to other players and it slows future development of the plugin.

Keep in mind that the plugin is currently in alpha, which means that there is still a chance that things can go wrong, so please use the features with caution and don't do stupid things.

Any questions, just write below!
:gold: :gold: :gold: :gold: :gold:
TheJonLondon
Community Manager

Minecraft Nick: TheJonLondon

Re: Mystical Weapons - New Plugin [Dream Dimension]

Postby Pizzanakin » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:45 pm

A few changes were made to the plugin, most notably:
- a bug where no xp would be removed after casting a spell has been fixed
- casting spells is now done a little different, to prevent complications when left clicking a block.

You don't have to select a spell before casting it anymore. You cast a spell directly by holding the specific spell book.

Spells are still cast from an empty hand, but you need to have the spell book in your other hand.
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Postby shovelknockout » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:45 pm

shovel reporting a bug:
If you go to the overworld and back while having a spell book in your inventory it breaks and turns into a normal book.
shovelknockout

Minecraft Nick: shovelknockout

Postby Pizzanakin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:24 pm

hmm that's very strange, I'm not exactly sure what could cause that.

can you tell me what parts of the spellbook it keeps? like is everything actually gone or is it just the enchanted effect, or just the name, or something else.

I'm correct in the fact that the only way to switch between worlds is through one of those portal things, right?
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Postby msbggem » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:03 pm

Pizzanakin wrote:I'm correct in the fact that the only way to switch between worlds is through one of those portal things, right?

I haven't gotten a spell book so I can't attest to the bug shovel reported, but teleporting to a player in either word using /tp also moves you between worlds, without going to the portal.
msbggem
Donator

Minecraft Nick: msbggem

Postby Pizzanakin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:39 pm

well that's a method only available for staff, and I'm not sure if it's suggested to keep doing that because there's a chance in messing up items/inventories across worlds :p
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Postby msbggem » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:51 am

Just giving all the facts, code should take into account all the possibilities
msbggem
Donator

Minecraft Nick: msbggem

Postby Pizzanakin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:35 am

tbh I'm not even sure if the issue is related to switching between worlds. from what I know I guess the book loses its enchantment because it is a custom one made by my plugin (which only adds the glow, not any effects) but I don't know why that would happen when you switch worlds.
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Postby Pizzanakin » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:14 pm

I made a small questionnaire with some questions about the current features related to spells in the plugin. If everyone could answer this, that'd be great :mrgreen:

https://goo.gl/forms/glhSAZcHCPytF9TS2
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Postby Pizzanakin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:22 am

Soon, hopefully around/after 12AM GMT+1, a new version of the plugin will go online. Here's the changelog:

TL;DR
- Added particle animations to make spells look better
- Added dual casting to cast stronger versions of spells
- Removed lava and ice spells
- Improved energy spell
- Removed wall and teleport

Detailed explanation:
This version will introduce particle animations. What this means is that the spells will have more advanced animations compared to before. I can add effects such as making particles circle around a certain spot, making them wave, and more. The spells have all been updated with new effects to make them look better. Certain values of the spells have also been adapted, for example the speed.

The next "new" feature is called dual casting. This feature already exists in the current version, however it was less polished. Dual casting is done by clicking both mouse buttons, and it casts a stronger version of the spell. This means that it also costs more levels. In the case of Ignis (the fire spell), it casts a lava ball, and in the case of water bolt, it casts an ice strike. This means that the seperate spellbooks for lava ball and ice strike are now removed. If you had bought either of these, you can return these to Jon for an ice or fire book, or you will get 40 diamonds back.

The energy spell has also been changed. Instead of spawning a lightning bolt at the location where you looked, it now shoots a lightning bolt from your hands, created with particles. Currently, this spell will only damage targets if you aim at their feet/the block that they are standing on. The energy spell has no dual cast version.

I also removed the wall and teleport spells. They will return again later, but they will probably not be spells.
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Next

Return to Server Discussion