LC Community Talk

Discuss Server Stuff in this Forum.

LC Community Talk

Postby Pizzanakin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:29 am

Yo guys,

I wanted to make a topic to talk together about our community. First of all I want to thank everyone who is a part of this community. Maybe you haven't been around for a while, and you are only checking in back every few months. You are still coming back for a reason, and we should appreciate it. We have something precious here, a connection between people all across the world. This connection is based on a game, but it extends beyond that. We get to know each other on a personal level, and we start to care for each other. I think that is something wonderful, and I want to thank everyone who keeps participating in this.

For me, LC has always been a place where I could do what I wanted to do. I am very thankful for the opportunity to create things in Minecraft using command blocks, despite the fact that I never really finished any of those things. But to me it meant something to receive that freedom, despite my faults of never completing any real project. It is something that motivated me to make certain decisions later in my life, such as the decision to start studying game design. Because of this, I feel like I am now capable of so much more in life, like actually committing more to projects, and it is thanks to LC.

I am interested in hearing how LC might have affected your life. Also I want to hear what the things are that you like the most about this community. To me it is the fact that we have so many different people from all over the world coming together to play a single game. We also want to try our best to preserve this feeling of connectivity, so please let us know how you think we can improve on this. I think it's a wonderful thing if we can share the experience that we have with new people, who are not yet a part of our group, but who might be a very good addition to what we have going on :mrgreen:

I hope you enjoyed reading this!

Pizzanakin
Pizzanakin
Server Administrator

Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Re: LC Community Talk

Postby ArreisRose » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:48 am

I haven't been here long, but so far LC has given me a place to "hang out" once I'm done with school and work. I'm used to playing in single player worlds, so interacting with people while playing is something I'm not used to. Every once and a while I would try to play multiplayer servers, however, there wasn't any real sense of community in any of the worlds I tried until I ran into LC. It isn't much, but knowing that there's a chance of running into the same people again and building a community rather than a city on a server makes a huge difference for me, and its the reason I keep coming back rather than making another single player world or continuing the ones I already have. I really do enjoy being here with you guys, and I really do hope that ya'll feel the same way. :D

Also the other day (I think) NotAndShip mentioned building a railway system connecting to everyone's bases, so there's one idea to possibly draw the community closer. I have around 29 iron I will donate if others are interested in the community railway. :thumbup:
ArreisRose

Minecraft Nick: ArreisRose

Postby Pizzanakin » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:29 am

great to hear that you feel part of the community already :mrgreen:

I think there's several projects aiming at connecting people on the server! there's the pathway system that goes out from spawn, which provides you with nice views and locations. there's also a netherhub, which is mostly aimed at quickly reaching another person's place.

I think a railway system could be a cool addition too! It's probably best to make it pretty central, so it costs the least. I'll ask Andship what his ideas were so maybe we can start some project :mrgreen:
Pizzanakin
Server Administrator

Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Postby ABJL » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:36 pm

I joined back in 2013 (5 years and 4 months ago! :o ) with the goal just to experience multiplayer gaming in general. Up until that I only played single player games on my PC. It all started when I was 4-5 with MS-DOS games such as Wolfenstein 3D, Super Mario, Supaplex, Doom, Lost Vikings, Duke Nukem 2, Tomb Raider. Good times.

At first I was very shy on the server, didn't talk much, just wanted to learn the environment, see what other people do. During this "learning phase", I just played as I would in single player. Only difference was occasional chat appearing in lower-left corner.

As time went on, I started to randomly bump into people and that is where the magic happened. I began to visit other people's bases and also invited them to my base. I remember the first greatest multiplayer build I did was an iron farm with Evil_hammer near spawn of 1.7? map. Really enjoyed it :)

Becoming a part of the staff showed me a whole different perspective of the game. It gave me a chance to interact more with people (which I was not so keen on doing at first) and also help others while being at it. It was a win-win situation.

Looking back, LC has actually had quite an impact on my life - I feel like I am much more talkative than I used to be. The best moments have always been something to do with community - either as small as just helping to investigate who broke a block, or to as big as secretly planning different mini-events and building maps for others to have fun. Sometimes I just log on to derp around in my base and while not being productive in any sense, just chatting and helping others is very worth the experience.

I came for the game, stayed for the community.
:lc:
To realise the unimportance of time is the gate of wisdom.
-Bertrand Russell

Instagram @cloudlaane (aerial photos, scenic views, nature pictures)
ABJL
Server Administrator

Minecraft Nick: ABJL

Return to Server Discussion