LiberCon 2017

Talk about RL stuff or anything else here!

Re: LiberCon 2017

Postby Pizzanakin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:26 am

Soo what's it gonna be?

US vs EU?

UK vs NL?

I just read most of this thread again and it seems that most people who are interested are UK members or EU members. That would mean EU would be the best option.

How much has brexit actually affected the UK? Will it be more expensive to go there? Can some UK members reply with some potential cities that we could meet up in? I know London's not the best.

For NL, I'd advice to either go to Groningen or Utrecht. Both are older cities with typical Dutch infrastructure, which is really similar to Amsterdam. Groningen is really close for lars and me which is beneficial to us and Utrecht can be considered the most beautiful city in NL.

If everyone who is interested in going could look up the prices for travelling to these cities (the 2 Dutch ones and any UK cities that are added), then we can compare to see what is the best option.
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: Pizzanakin

Postby Dark_Slain » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:28 am

Pizzanakin wrote:How much has brexit actually affected the UK?

Dark_Slain
Donator

Minecraft Nick: Dark_Slain

Postby Hashdog63748 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:16 am

Dark_Slain wrote:
Pizzanakin wrote:How much has brexit actually affected the UK?

'Doges shit on the floor and you have to pick it up'

-Arrows73 2014

;)
Hashdog63748
Donator

Minecraft Nick: hashypoo

Postby Pizzanakin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:13 pm

Pizzanakin wrote:Can some UK members reply with some potential cities that we could meet up in? I know London's not the best.

Guys I'm more interested in this tbh
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Postby Moomeistermoly » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:49 pm

Bristol is exceptionally beautiful and has lots of history, Isambard Kingdom Brunel was born here, his engineering feats span a lot of the UK and he's pretty cool. Bristol is also quite student centric with one of the best uni's in the UK there, so there's of course lots of entertainment and food places to visit. Lots of public transport for accessibility too, it's really nice there. (Has an airport too!)

Cardiff is beautiful too, and if either of these places were looked into they're at most 2 hours away from eachother which is nice and accessible by train. Cardiff boasts one of the UK's biggest shopping centres, Cardiff Castle ETC. Roald Dahl was born here so u can have a bit of a cheeky reading session by the River Severn if you like :D (Also has an airport.)

Plymouth is one of the most historically and visually interesting parts of the uk too, with the Mayflower steps, oldest functioning distillery ;) , links to Darwin, Sir Francis Drake, Captain Cook, Scott of The Antarctic to name a bit. Being a very student-centric city now there's loads of things to do and places to stay/eat, one being the barbican which is a looooovely place for food and views which is top too. Great public transport across the city, and good hotels, even up to Dartmoor, which could be a stunning backdrop for a few picnics or whatever the kids do these days :thumbup: (Nearest airport is Exeter, which sucks but it's not too far, plus Exeter day out anyone?? ayy?)
Moomeistermoly
Donator

Minecraft Nick: Moomeistermoly

Postby Hashdog63748 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:51 pm

For the UK: London

For NL: Maybe Rotterdam?
'Doges shit on the floor and you have to pick it up'

-Arrows73 2014

;)
Hashdog63748
Donator

Minecraft Nick: hashypoo

Postby CampinPowerJL » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Pizzanakin wrote: How much has brexit actually affected the UK?

If anything it will be cheaper since nub GBP is at 30 year low, Brexit = good for people outside of UK
CampinPowerJL
Donator

Minecraft Nick: CampinPowerJL

Postby MineLars » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:13 pm

Hashdog63748 wrote:For the UK: London

Rotterdam sucks, if NL: Amsterdam or Utrecht are the ways to go! (Both very accessible by train for europeans + nicest cities?!)
:lcblock:
MineLars
Server Moderator

Minecraft Nick: MineLars

Postby Pizzanakin » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:00 pm

MineLars wrote:
Hashdog63748 wrote:For the UK: London

Rotterdam sucks, if NL: Amsterdam or Utrecht are the ways to go! (Both very accessible by train for europeans + nicest cities?!)

Or Groningen :p

Groningen doesn't stand out that much from the others (can be compared to cities like Maastricht, Den Bosch, etc.) but it is easily the best city for most Dutch members, as we live close to it. Except zin/shovel, perhaps Amsterdam/Utrecht is better for them, but I haven't seen them reply here so idk if they would be interested. But most Dutch members = Lars/Jelle + any ppl that they bring (stannum and idk if they have more nubs that are kind of LC members) and then me + the nubs that I invited to LC (patrick, dada etc)
Pizzanakin
Server Moderator

Postby CvileHD » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:42 pm

*khm*Croatia *khm*
Smile More! :<3: :lc: :lc:
CvileHD

Minecraft Nick: Cvile

PreviousNext

Return to Offtopic